Master of Jurisprudence in Healthcare Compliance
Stetson Law’s Master of Jurisprudence in Healthcare Compliance is an intensive, online program designed for healthcare professionals without a legal background who wish to gain an advanced understanding of healthcare laws and regulatory compliance issues.
The Master of Jurisprudence at a Glance
This comprehensive, two-year program provides non-lawyers working in the healthcare field with an in-depth understanding of regulatory compliance law as it pertains to healthcare practice, administration and clinical research. Gain experience through practical learning opportunities, increase your regulatory compliance literacy, and discover new potential for your career.
Become Tomorrow’s Compliance Leader
- Enhance your existing skill set in this highly sensitive industry.
- Gain the experience and skills needed to assume a leadership role in healthcare and regulatory compliance.
- Learn to assess and manage risk, analyze and solve compliance challenges, and effectively communicate legal issues.
- Improve patient outcomes and experiences with your knowledge of compliance and healthcare law.
Healthcare Compliance Program Highlights
- Four semester, 30-credit online program
- In-demand areas of study such as risk management, regulatory science, and healthcare compliance
- Partnerships with USF College of Medicine, Bay Pines VA Healthcare, and Adventist Systems
- GRE not required with appropriate work experience
Why pursue a Master of Jurisprudence in Healthcare Compliance?
- Experienced healthcare professionals and recent graduates benefit from an interdisciplinary program that combines legal philosophy with relevant, practical learning opportunities.
- 100% online program means you don’t have to relocate.
- Meet the growing demand for healthcare professionals with an advanced legal background.
- Gain a competitive edge for career advancement and discover new career opportunities.
- Build an understanding of the U.S. legal system and its impact on healthcare.
- Get access to Stetson Law's alumni network, connecting with professionals who assist students and fellow graduates with career placement.
Compliance and regulation affect every aspect of the healthcare field. A thorough understanding of healthcare law will better prepare you to navigate the evolving landscape and solve tomorrow’s healthcare compliance challenges.
Candidates for the Master of Jurisprudence degree in Healthcare Compliance must satisfactorily complete four full academic semesters for a total of at least 30 credit hours. Students may enroll in additional coursework with additional approval from the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Overview of Legal System (2 credits)
- Fundamentals of Contract Law (2 credits)
- Legal Research (1 credit)
- Healthcare Programs and Benefits (2 credits)
- Ethics and Professionalism (2 credits)
- Compliance 101 (3 credits)
- Risk Management (3 credits)
- Healthcare Organizational Culture of Compliance and Ethics (2 credits)
- Understanding Healthcare Payment Systems and Reimbursements (2 credits)
- Technology in Healthcare Compliance (2 credits)
- HR and Management Issues (2 credits)
- Fraud and Abuse: Kickbacks, Stark, False Claims (3 credits)
- Fraud and Abuse: Tax and Antitrusts (2 credits)
- Fraud and Abuse: EMTALA and HIPPA (2 credits)