Hollis Center Policies
Hollis Center Policies:
- A valid Stetson photo ID must be present at all times to gain access to the Hollis Center.
- The Hollis Center Risk Acknowledgement Waiver form must be completed prior to first time use.
- Users must be 16 years of age or older, unless accompanied by and directly supervised by an adult (age 17 or older).
- Children over the age of 5 must use gender appropriate locker rooms.
- Facility users, with or without compensation, other than Department Staff, are not permitted to provide instruction, and/or coaching without prior written approval from the Director of Wellness & Recreation.
- Abusive language and/or actions toward a staff person or fellow members may result in loss of privileges and/or suspension from the facility.
- Alcoholic beverages, weapons, smoking, and tobacco use of any type are not permitted in the Hollis Center.
- Eating and drinking are permitted only in designated areas.
- Shirts and shoes are required in all areas of the facility except the pool deck and locker rooms. Appropriate athletic attire must be worn at all times.
- Personal music players are not permitted unless used with headphones.
- The utilization of bicycles, in-line skates, skateshoes, or skateboards is not allowed inside the Hollis Center.
- Animals are not allowed in the facility or pool areas unless they are specially trained to aid in the mobility of their owners.
- The department is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Wireless phone use is not permitted in workout areas or locker rooms.
- The Hollis Center does not allow photographs or videotaping in the facility, without prior approval from the Department of Wellness & Recreation.
- The Wellness & Recreation Department reserves the right to restrict and/or refuse admittance to its facilities and programs. All University and Departmental policies and procedures must be complied with including those for each area at all times. These rules are available upon request.
Hollis Center Pool Rules:
- Users must be 16 years of age or older, unless accompanied by an adult
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn in the pool. Jeans and/or non-swim clothes are not permitted.
- No running or diving.
- Disorderly conduct and disruptive behavior (dunking, fighting, profanity, etc.) will not be tolerated at any time.
- No spitting in water, blowing nose, or discharging bodily waste into pool.
- Swimmers must leave pool upon lifeguard request (i.e. inclement weather).
- All lounge furniture must remain on deck area.
- Food and drinks are not permitted except for beverages in closed containers.
- Animals are not allowed on the pool deck or in the pool unless they are specially trained to aid in the mobility of their owners.
- Users must be fully clothed before re-entering the Hollis Center.
- All Hollis Center users are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety conscious at all times. Users who disregard policy will be asked to leave the facility.
It is required that all Stetson students/faculty/staff/alumni provide their Stetson University Identification Card to gain access to the Hollis Center facilities as well as all Wellness & Recreation programs. All Wellness & Recreation staff are fully authorized to deny entrance to the Hollis Center in the event someone does not present a valid ID. Misuse of ID’s to gain access to the facility is considered fraud. Wellness & Recreation staff will confiscate misused or invalid IDs and may ask the person(s) to leave the facility. Misuse of IDs may also result in loss of privileges and may result in notification of the Office of Community Standards.
Eligible users include:
- Current Stetson students, alumni, faculty, staff, or employee dependents
- Stetson Alumni may use the Hollis Center by obtaining a current ID card from the Alumni Office at 822-7480.
- Guests must be accompanied by a student, alumnus, faculty or staff member at all times. Guests must exchange a valid photo ID for a guest card and sign in at the Hollis Center information desk. The number of users admitted to the facility may be restricted, based on facility demand.
All Hollis Center users and guests must sign a waiver before using the facility.
Conduct of Hollis Center Users
All Hollis Center users are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety conscious at all times. Users are expected to be respectful to other facility users and employees and to follow the rules, policies, and safety instructions outlined by Wellness & Recreation. Vulgar, obscene, derogatory, or demeaning language or behavior will not be tolerated in the Hollis Center. Users who disregard policy or engage in behavior/actions that might damage equipment or facilities, or be deemed hazardous to other participants may lose privileges as determined by a Wellness & Recreation professional staff member.
Alumni Card Information
The Alumni Card provides use of the Hollis Center pool and fitness facilities, use of the library, including checkout privileges, and discounts for School of Music concerts and Theatre Arts performances. ID fees are $75 annually for a single membership; $140 annually for a family membership (up to four family members). Additional members are $35 each.
ID Cards are available for purchase at the Meadows Alumni House, 217 E. Michigan Ave., DeLand. The first $75 of your ID purchase (the single membership price) can be deducted from your taxes as a charitable contribution. Contact the Alumni Office at 386-822-7480 for further information.
Hollis Center Guests
- All guests must be accompanied by a student, alumnus, faculty or staff member.
- Guests must check in at the information desk in the lobby, present a photo ID, sign a waiver, and be issued a guest card.
- The guest card is for use within the Hollis Center. The card is not applicable for other University facilities or programs.
- Hollis Center users must be 16 years of age or older, unless accompanied by an adult, and must provide proof of age on request.
- Students, alumni, faculty or staff are responsible for the conduct and actions of their guests and must accompany them at all times.
- A student, alumnus, faculty or staff member may bring a maximum of three (3) guests at one time. Dependents are not permitted to bring guests.
- Guests may not check out equipment. Students, alumni, faculty or staff must check out and be responsible for equipment used by their guests.
- Individuals seeking admittance to the Hollis Center may not solicit members to sponsor them as a guest.
- Hollis Center staff reserves the right to refuse admittance to a guest.