Transient students are students who choose to take courses away from Stetson for a particular term, usually summer, and transfer the course(s) back to Stetson.
Stetson students who choose to take courses away from Stetson must adhere to the transfer policies currently in place. They may include, but are not limited to:
- The last year of academic work (two full-time semesters fall/spring or spring/fall), must be completed at Stetson University.
- Credit will be allowed only for those courses in which the student has earned a grade of ‘C’ (not ‘C-‘) or better and which are equivalent to courses offered at Stetson University.
- Students may not receive more than 10 credits in the summer without prior approval of their Academic Dean.
- Courses completed at the 100- or 200- level elsewhere may not be used to complete 300- or 400- level requirements at Stetson.
- A transient form should be completed in order to determine eligibility for the course to transfer back to Stetson.
- Department Chair approval is required for courses taken in transient to transfer back toward the major.
- An Official Transcript must be sent to the Registrar Office upon completion of the course in order to receive credit.