Master of Education (M.ED.) in Educational Leadership
- Earned undergraduate degree from a college or university accredited by the appropriate regional association with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- A GRE revised General Test score at or above the 50th percentile or a Miller’s Analogy Test (MAT) score at or above the 50th percentile. The GRE or MAT requirement will be waived if an applicant produces ONE of the following: a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in upper-division courses or a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 credit hours earned or a master’s degree with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from an accredited university or 12 or more credits of post-baccalaureate upper division course work with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from an accredited university.
- Completion of application
- Application fee
- Official transcripts from all previous universities or colleges attended
- Three completed recommendation forms with one form completed by current principal
- Copy of a professional teaching certificate
- At least two years of professional teaching experience
Additionally, all international applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and submit a combined score of 550 or better (new scoring of 213 or better) or the Internet based test scoring of 80 or better.
International transcripts are required to be translated if the grading and evaluation system used differs from those used by the United States education system. Official translation and a course-by-course evaluation from all prior institutions and grade-point average computation must be provided to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Please use one of the following services for evaluation:
World Educational Services
22 Prince St.
New York, NY 10012
Josef Silny & Associates
7101 SW 102 Ave.
Miami, FL 33173
The program outlined here assumes that the student is fully certified in either elementary or secondary education and has completed a minimum of two full years of successful, professional teaching.
|EDUC 530||Curriculum and Instructional Development||3|
|EDUC 540||Educational Finance||3|
|EDUC 542||Legal Aspects of School Operations||3|
|EDUC 543||Instructional Leadership and Supervision||3|
|EDUC 544||Educational Management and Systems Planning||3|
|EDUC 546||Human Resource Development||3|
|EDUC 567||Communications and Research Analysis for Educational Leaders||3|
|EDUC 591||Internship in Educational Leadership (Taken 3 times)||3|
|EDUC 529||Cultural Diversity Education/Multicultural Education||3|
|EDUC 575||Action Research - Theory to Practice (Taken 3 times)||3|
Final Degree Examination - Educational Leadership
This program has Florida Department of Education approval. Students must complete and achieve a passing score on the K-12 Florida Educational Leadership Exam (FELE) to graduate and exit the program with Florida State Certification. Candidates not seeking certification may graduate from the MED Educational Leadership program without passing the FELE (Florida Educational Leadership Exam).