Course Syllabi Policy
Students will be provided with a syllabus on the first day of class, summarizing basic information about the course. This syllabus may take a variety of forms but must include the following information:
- Course goals, objectives, and requirements as they relate to the goals of the academic program (major, minor, or General Education).
- Methods of instruction to be used
- Plan for how learning will be assessed, including a grading scale
- Attendance policy
- Instructor's office hours and methods of contact (e.g., email and office telephone)
- Final examination requirement
- Statement of Stetson’s Academic Integrity policy (Honor Code)
- Accommodations Statement: If a student anticipates barriers related to the format or requirements of a course, they should meet with the course instructor to discuss ways to ensure full participation. If disability-related accommodations are necessary, students must register with Academic Success through the Accessibility Services Center located at 209 E. Bert Fish Dr. (386-822-7127; http://www.stetson.edu/administration/academic-success/) and notify the course instructor of their eligibility for reasonable accommodations. The student, course instructor and Academic Success will plan how best to coordinate accommodations.