Transient students are students who choose to take courses away from Stetson for a particular term, usually summer and transfer the course(s) back to Stetson.
Stetson students who choose to take courses away from Stetson must adhere to the transfer policies currently in place. They may include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum of 6 of the last 8 units used to satisfy course or unit requirements for the degree must be completed at Stetson University. Transfer policies apply to any units not taken at Stetson, including the expectation that students use the Transient Student form to get pre-approval for the transfer of courses.
- Credit will be allowed only for those courses in which the student has earned a grade of ‘C’ (not ‘C-‘) or better and which are equivalent to courses offered at Stetson University.
- Students may not receive more than 10 credits in the summer without prior approval of their Academic Dean.
- Courses completed at the 100- or 200- level elsewhere may not be used to complete 300- or 400- level requirements at Stetson.
- A transient form should be completed in order to determine eligibility for the course to transfer back to Stetson.
- Department Chair approval is required for courses taken as a transient student to transfer back toward the major.
- An Official Transcript must be sent to the Registrar's Office upon completion of the course in order to receive credit.